How to cook the perfect Wagyu Steak
Many of our customers have asked. "How do we cook Wagyu?". It is really quiet easy and simple. You must always remember with a steak of this quality and with so much natural flavour. The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method applies.
The following is a quick and easy way to get the best result.
For a succulent Wagyu steak every time, including Sirloin. Eye Fillet and Rib Eye:
- Allow the steak to come to rest outside of the refrigerator before cooking (15min(. This allows the meat to relax.
- Steak should ideally be 230 to 250 grams. No oil or butter is required as the marbling of the Wagyu steak naturally enhances the cooking process.
- Season the steak with a little sea salt, and place in a non-stick hot griddle pan or BBQ plate.
- For best results, sear both sides to seal in the moisture and flavour, reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning once. This will ensure the heat penetrates through the beef's marbling seams. Don't overcook it.
- Steaks should rest in a warm place for five minutes, allowing juices to reabsorb and meat to relax. Best cuts for steak are: Sirloin, Rib Eye, and Fillet.
- Lightly salt and serve with a wedge of fresh lemon. The lemon acid profile gives the steak a great punch.
- Serve sauces on the side. Our favourites include Whole grain mustard, Horse Radish sauce and Béarnaise sauce.
Most importantly enjoy
Mr Wagyu Beef